MacBook Pro 13 2020 (MWP72) specs and price in Kenya
|Display||13.3‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology|
|Processor||2.0GHz quad‑core 10th‑generation Intel Core i5|
|Graphics||Intel Iris Plus Graphics|
|RAM||16GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X onboard memory|
|Internal Storage||512GB SSD|
|USB Port||4 Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports|
|Camera||720p FaceTime HD camera|
|Battery||Built‑in 58.0‑watt-hour lithium‑polymer battery|
|Power Adapter||61W USB‑C Power Adapter|
MacBook Pro 13 2020 (MWP72) detailed description
If you’re in the market for a sleek small laptop that you can carry anywhere with you then MacBook Pro 13 2020 is the laptop for you. MacBook Pro 13 2020 is a powerful laptop that you can use to do all your work but still small enough that you can carry around without it occupying a large space. Whether you are a Content Creator, a Gamer, or a computer programmer, MacBook Pro 13 2020 is powerful enough to handle all workloads.
MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with a 2.0GHz 10th Generation Core i5 processor with a Turbo Boost of up to 3.8GHz. The powerful processing unit makes MacBook Pro 13 2020 2X faster than the previous generation MacBook.
In case you’re into Photography MacBook Pro 13 2020 Affinity Photo app makes editing and retouching HD images fast. You longer have to worry about HD images taking up your valuable time when you have other workloads to get to.
For computer programmers, Coding has been made easier. MacBook Pro 13 2020 lets you build and compile codes at a faster rate while also letting you run multiple virtual machines without consuming too many resources.
For Video Editors, you can use Final Cut Pro X to edit multiple videos and audio channels at the same time with an improved rendering time so that you can finish your projects timely.
When it comes to Audio, you can use Logic Pro X to create high-quality music.
Gamers require powerful machines with high refresh rates so that they can have fast reaction times. For a gaming machine, MacBook Pro 13 2020 is one of the best in the market. MacBook Pro 13 2020 supports intensive graphics gaming titles that make other laptops drop frame rates ensuring you get a smooth gaming experience.
Graphics are an important feature of a computer. Most people associate graphics with gaming but that is not all a graphics card does. Graphics cards work is to convert data to images. The better the graphics cards the better the quality of images displayed. Although some computers don’t come with graphics cards, it’s important to note that the images displayed pale when compared to computers with graphics. MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with the new Iris Plus Graphics which deliver an 80% increase in performance compared to the old model. Iris Plus Graphics delivers a smooth gaming experience, fast 3D Rendering, and Video Editing.
An internal hard drive is important for storing all the computer’s content. For the processor to carry out a command, it must first retrieve data from the hard drive. The speed of completing a task depends on the type of hard drive used. As you may know, the two commonly used hard drives are HDD drives and SSDs drives. HDD drives are made of magnetic tape and have small disks, that rotate like a CD, where content is stored. Because data is stored in different disks, retrieving it can take time depending on the size of the data requested. On the other hand, SSDs are flash storages with no moving parts where information is stored on a single system making retrieval of information quick. The MacBook Pro 13 2020 SSD drive is one of the fastest SSDs drives in the market and can reach speeds of up to 3.0GB/s in sequential read and sequential write speeds.
Keyboards are how we give commands to our computers. To carry out any function requires the use of a keyboard. It is therefore essential to have a good keyboard. Most laptop keyboards are very poor. Manufacturers forget that keyboards are essential and focus on other parts of the laptop. The previous MacBooks also had these issues. Although the processor and display were good, the keyboard was one of the worst keyboards found on a laptop. The keyboard which was known as ‘Butterfly Keyboard’ had a poor travel space between keys making typing very difficult since you will hit keys that you didn’t intend to hit, while some keyboards just stopped working making people incur additional costs of fixing the keyboard.
Recognizing the importance of keyboards, Apple which is a MacBooks manufacturer sort to address the problem. The MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with a new improved keyboard that fixes all the previous issues the old models had. The new ‘Scissor Keyboard’ comes with a 1mm travel which is great for typing since there is space between keys solving the issue of accidentally hitting the wrong keys. The arrow keys come in inverted-T which is good for quick scrolling and the keyboard also brings back a dedicated Escape key which most people wanted back. All in all, the MacBook Pro 13 2020 is not only a powerful laptop, but it’s a powerful laptop with a very good keyboard.
Best Display on a Laptop.
MacBook Pro 13 2020 has one of the best displays you can find on a laptop. The display which is known as the ‘Retina Display’ displays true-to-life pictures as they appear in nature. The immersive display makes watching content on your laptop an amazing process. The display utilizes a P3 wide color system which offers 25% more colors compared to the standard sRGB system employed by other laptops. MacBook Pro 13 2020 utilizes True Tone technology to automatically adjust the white balance from the display to the color temperature around so that you have a natural viewing experience. To address the issue of trying to use your laptop outdoors, where you can’t see what’s on your display even with the brightness level at 100%, MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with 500nits of brightness which makes your display bright enough to use even under direct sunlight. As you can see, the MacBook Pro 13 2020 display is truly one of the best displays currently in the market.
Laptops usually come with very poor audio. Sound from the speakers barely travels far and when sound is at 100% you get distortion. MacBook Pro 13 2020 comes with a Wide Stereo sound that projects sound further than other laptops without the sound getting distorted.
With 3 in-built mics, your voice is clearly captured so that you can have good FaceTime calls and talks with Siri.
Laptops come with many ports that create cable clutter and can be confusing at times since some ports perform the same functions but come in different configurations requiring the adoption of different cables for each port. Imagine if laptops came with a port that you can use to charge your laptop, transfer data, and connect your laptop to other devices saving you the need to have multiple cables and the stress of trying to figure out what each cable is for. Fortunately, that port exists and is known as Thunderbolt 3 which MacBook 13 Pro 2020 comes with. With Thunderbolt 3, you have a single uniform port that can be used for a wide range of functions.
- Retina display
- 13.3‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560‑by‑1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions: 1680 by 1050; 1440 by 900; 1024 by 640
- 500 nits brightness
- The wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
- 2.0GHz quad‑core 10th‑generation Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz, with 6MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to 2.3GHz quad‑core 10th‑generation Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache
- 512GB SSD
- Configurable to 1TB, 2TB, or 4TB SSD
- 16GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X onboard memory
- Configurable to 32GB of memory
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
Charging and Expansion.
Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
Keyboard and Trackpad.
Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 65 (U.S.) or 66 (ISO) keys including 4 arrow keys in an inverted‑T arrangement
- Touch Bar
- Touch ID sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure‑sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure‑sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ac Wi‑Fi wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One external 6K display with 6016-by-3384 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors, or
- One external 5K display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors, or
- Up to two external 4K displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5mm headphone jack
Battery and Power.
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours of Apple TV app movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built‑in 58.0‑watt-hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 61W USB‑C Power Adapter
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: −13° to 113° F (−25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight.
- Height: 0.61 inch (1.56 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 3.1 pounds (1.4 kg)
- macOS: macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Catalina brings dedicated apps for music, TV, and podcasts. Smart updates to the apps you use most. And Sidecar, which lets you use an iPad as a second display. So you can take everything you do above and beyond.