Fitbit Surge detailed description
See real-time distance, pace, split times, and elevation on your wrist—all without your phone. Then review your routes in the Fitbit app.
PurePulse Heart Rate.
Get continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate & simplified heart rate zones.
Track steps, heart rate, distance, calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes, hourly activity & stationary time.
Track workouts like running, biking & weights and get real-time stats on display. Then see post-workout summaries on screen & in the app.
Automatically recognizes select activities and records it in the exercise section of the Fitbit app.
Long Battery Life.
Battery life up to 7 days so you can track all day and night without needing a charge.
See call and text alerts on display when your phone is nearby.
Adjust your volume, and play, pause or skip songs from your mobile playlist.
Auto Sleep Tracking & Silent Alarms.
Automatically track your sleep quality & wake up peacefully with a silent alarm.
See the time of day on a large display. Plus, view your stats, scan texts & calls and control your music.
Sync stats wirelessly & automatically to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices.
Sensors & Components.
- 3-axis accelerometers
- Digital compass
- Optical heart rate monitor
- Ambient light sensor
- Vibration motor
- Monochrome LCD
- Backlight for low light visibility
When using bike tracking, always pay attention and mind the rules of the road.
Battery and Power.
We recommend charging your Fitbit Surge every few days to ensure you are always tracking.
Battery life up to 7 days and GPS battery life up to 10 hours. Battery life and charge cycles vary with use & other factors; actual results will vary.
- GPS battery life: lasts up to 10 hours
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Charge time: One to two hours
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Saves 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute.
- Saves daily totals for the past 30 days
- Stores heart rate data at 1-second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5-second intervals all other times
- The sample rate for GPS is 1 Hz
Fitbit Surge is sweat, rain, and splash-proof. However, the device is not swimming proof or showerproof. With any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.
If the band gets wet or if you sweat in it, remove and completely dry the band before putting it back on. Give your wrist a rest by taking the band off now and then.
Fitbit Surge’s wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches. Fitbit Surge also has a surgical-grade stainless steel buckle.
Like all heart rate tracking technologies, accuracy is affected by physiology, location of the device, and different movements.
- Operating temperature: -20° to 45° C
- Maximum operating altitude: 9,144 m
Fitbit Surge syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology or your charging cable.
- Syncing range: Up to 6.1 m
- Call and text notifications via Bluetooth 4.0
- Music control via Bluetooth Classic on Android, iOS, and Windows devices
- Syncing to computers requires an Internet connection and USB port
- Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices