Optical SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode.
Advanced image stabilization keeps footage blur-free, even when the recording circumstances or the user’s hands are shaky.
Up to 26.8mm wide-angle lens.
Whether you’re shooting movies or still images, the class-leading wide-angle lens can help you capture more of landscapes shots and indoor scenes, when you don’t have enough room to step back. Even without a wide conversion lens, selected camcorders shoot as wide as 26.8mm1 (16:9 aspect ratio) in movie mode.
Exceptional image quality.
The high-bitrate XAVC S format is for videographers ready to take their work to the next level. Delivering incredible quality, XAVC S is built from the XAVC format used by professional filmmakers and broadcasters, while employing intelligent data compression to export consumer-friendly file sizes.
Highlight Movie Maker.
A versatile tool to streamline movie editing, Highlight Movie Maker offers several time-saving features. Add highlight markers to key moments while recording, and let the software automatically sync your transitions to your chosen soundtrack.
BIONZ X™ image processor.
The advanced BIONZ X™ image processing engine helps achieve more naturally vivid and lifelike image quality as well as faster processing capabilities.
Sharing a commitment to outstanding performance and design, Sony and Carl Zeiss co-develop lenses that combine the best possible optics with premium-quality electronics and sensor technology for Sony’s Handycam® models.
Dual Video Recording.
Record two movies at the same time — one in the maximum-quality XAVC S or AVCHD format and another in MP4 format. That way you’ve got a small file ready for instant sharing, plus a professional-grade file for further editing.
- Sensor Type; 1/5.8 type(3.1mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Effective Pixels (Video): approx.2.29 Megapixels(16:9)
- Effective Pixels (Still Image): approx.2.29 Megapixels(16:9)/approx.1.71 Megapixels(4:3)
- Image Processor: BIONZ X image processor
- Lens Type: ZEISS Vario-Tessar
- Lens Cover: Manual
- Aperture: F1.8-F4.0
- Focal Distance: f=1.9-57.0mm
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) (Video): f=26.8-804.0mm(16:9)
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) (Still Image): f=26.8-804.0mm(16:9), f=32.8-984.0mm(4:3)
- Minimum Focus Distance: approx.1cm(Wide) , approx.80cm(Tele), approx.13/32inch(Wide), approx.31 1/2(Tele)
- Optical Zoom: 30x
- Clear Image Zoom: 60x
- Digital Zoom: 350x
- Screen Type: 6.7cm(2.7 type) Clear Photo LCD display (230 400 dots) Wide(16:9)
- Brightness Control: Yes(Menu)
- Marker/Grid Display: Grid Line
- Angle Adjustment: Opening Angle:max.90 deg., Turning Angle:max.270 deg.
- Image Stabilisation Type: Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Intelligent Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Focus Type: Contrast AF
- Focus Mode: Auto/Manual(Menu)
- Focus Area: Full range Focus
- Mode: Auto, Manual(Menu)
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment
- LOW LUX Mode: Yes
- Auto Iris Control: F1.8 – F10
- Manual Iris Control: F1.8 – F10
- Backlight Compensation: Yes(Auto)
- Gain Control: Auto
- Minimum Illumination: Standard:6 lux(1/25 Shutter Speed), Low Lux:3 lux(1/25 Shutter Speed)
- Auto Control Range: 1/6 – 1/10000
- Standard: 1/25 – 1/10000
- Manual Iris Control (Photo mode): 1/25 – 1/10000
- Manual Shutter: 1/6 – 1/10000
- White Balance Modes: Auto/One-push/Outdoor/Indoor
- Media Type: XAVC S HD: Micro SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), AVCHD, Still: Memory Stick Micro (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher)
- Recording Format (Video): AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible: MPEG4-AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, XAVC S format MPEG4-AVC/H264
- Video Resolution: AVCHD: 1920×1080/50p(PS), 50i(FX, FH), 1440×1080/50i(HQ, LP), MP4: 1280×720 25p, XAVC S HD: 1920×1080/50p, 25p
- Video Recording Rate (ABR / VBR): AVCHD PS:approx.28Mbps/FX:approx.24Mbps/FH:approx.17Mbps/HQ:approx.9Mbps/LP:approx.5Mbps, MP4: approx.3Mbps, XAVC S HD: approx.50Mbps
- Recording Format (Still Image): JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant)
- Still Image Size (Photo Mode): L:9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032×2272), 6.9 Megapixels 4:3 (3024×2272), S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920×1080), 0.3 Megapixels 4:3 (640×480)
- Still Image Size (Movie Mode): L:9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032×2272), S:2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920×1080)
- Still Image Size (Photo Capture): 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920×1080)
- Still Image Size (Dual Record): 9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032×2272), 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920×1080)
- Microphone: Built-in Zoom Microphone
- Audio Recording Format: Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch(48kHz/16bit)
- Mic Level Control: Yes(2steps)
- Speaker: Monaural Speaker
- Scene Selection: Auto/Night Scene/Sunrise & Sunset/Fireworks/Landscape/Portrait/Spotlight/Beach/Snow
- Other Features: Face Detection, Fader Effect(s)(White/Black), Intelligent Auto(Portrait/Baby/Walk/Tripod/Backlight/Landscape/Spotlight/Twilight/Macro/Low light), Smile Shutter(Off/Dual Capture/Always On)
- Fast Playback: About 5 times/10 times/30 times/60 times
- Slow Playback: Forwad:1/5 speed, Reverse:1/2 speed
- Highlight Movie Maker: Yes, Highlight BGM(Preinstalled 6 music files, Music transfer compatible
- Motion Shot Video: Yes
- Slide Show (Still Image): Slide Show
- HDMI Terminal: Yes (HDMI micro)
- Remote Terminal: integrated into Multi Terminal
- STD Output: Composite Video Out(AV CABLE(sold separately))
- Memory Card Slot: Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- Battery Type: NP-BX1
- Power Consumption (LCD): HD:2.1W
- Power Requirements: 3.6V (battery pack), 5.0V (AC Adaptor)
- Charge on the camcorder(Charging time with supplied Battery): Yes(approx. 2h 35min)
- USB Charging: DC 5V 800mA
- USB Power Supply: Yes(Recording/Playback(supplied AC Adaptor AC-UUD11))/(Playback(not supplied AC Adaptor limiting 500mA))
Size & Weight.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (including supplied battery): approx. 54.0mm(W)×59.5mm(H)×128.0mm(D), approx. 2 1/4 inch(W) ×2 3/8 inch(H) ×5 1/8 inch(D)
- Weight (main unit only): approx.190g, approx.6.7oz
- Weight (including supplied battery): approx.215g(NP-BX1), approx.7.6oz(NP-BX1)
Be the first to review “Sony CX405 Handycam with Exmor R CMOS sensor”